Saturday, April 20, 2013

Tiger lilies and crow feathers


Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
This book was magical. It captured my heart from the first page. The prologue was something that would stick in my imagery pile for a life time. There is lovely scenery in this book, believable characters, honest workings. I felt like I was really there. And little miss Tink as a narrator was just lovely and brilliant. I don't think the story would have gone the same if she hadn't told it. I was so hooked on Peter and Tiger Lily I really didn't and couldn't see it any other way. This book will go in my keeper stash. I believe that Jodi Lynn Anderson is one of my favorite writers now, just off this book alone. Their love was real; it made me ache. This book will make you love everything about young love, old love and yourself kind of love. But it'll make you hate that you could feel that deeply just to have it snatched away. Please read it, You'll love it. <br />The only part I didn't like was when Wendy entered, for obvious reasons, if not obvious, read it. But the ending seemed a bit rushed. I get she wanted it all to hit Tiger Lily but I would have loved the pacing to be a bit slower so that I could believe what was happening between the three of them and even though everyone gets a happy ending, I didn't believe their happy endings for one second. Nothing led to the points of conclusion. But Tiger Lily and Peter's love was definitely worth it.


picture from Goodreads

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting review, Latedra, I did not know you are doing reviews on your blog...Congrats to the writer and good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't normally but I've been on this really hard Peter Pan kick, then I found this book. I love the idea that our favorite characters have secret lives we know nothing about. I think this book sated my craving for Pan. Now I need a good Jack Frost one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have some secret in our lives :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kisses lovely lady....I am looking forward to more of your drawings :).

    ReplyDelete